Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rosy's Dream--dark coming of age

I've decided to bring out my novel, Rosy's Dream.  The story takes place in the 1970's--the time of disco, the birth of punk and new wave. It's a dark ride through the underbelly of New York City, a coming of age novel--following the progress of 22 year old Sarah, an aspiring actress who becomes a go-go dancer by the name of Rosy Dreams.


I wrote the novel years ago, and it landed me my first agent. But it never got picked up. One editor told me it's a period piece, and I suppose it is. I began the rewrite this summer, and then I saw the movie Magic Mike -- there are parallels! 

If you've ever struggled to survive, if you've chosen to follow your dreams against the odds, against the desires of your family, I think you'll enjoy this story. It's dark. It's sexy. It's not always pretty. Sarah/Rosy is a dreamer, a romantic, and an adventurer. 

As always, I did a lot of research :) 

Watch for Rosy's Dream this fall.



No comments: