Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hetaera--Suspense in Ancient Athens on sale for .99 cents till New Years Day

I'm happy to announce that my new novel, Hetaera--Suspense in Ancient Athens is now available on Kindle, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords. I've dropped the price to .99 cents for the holidays--just through January 1, 2012. So, if you'd like a copy, this is a great time to snatch one.

Hetaera is Book One of the Agathon's Daughter trilogy. I began the book about eight years ago. Research includes an incredible trip to Greece. My friend and mentor, Elizabeth Engstrom traveled to Athens, explored the city, then hopped on a bus to Delphi where we met the self-proclaimed oracle. What a blast!

Temple of Athena, Delphi


I've always been interested in the role of women throughout history--especially in ancient times. My major in college was Classic Theater (with a focus on ancient Greece) and ancient religion. So this story began to develop long ago. I workshopped it in a class at the Maui Writers Retreat where I studied with Tess Gerritsen--a wonderful writer, teacher, and human being. That year the book went on to win third place in the Maui Writers Rupert Brooke  Award.

Tess Gerritsen was kind enough to write a forword for the book.

This summer, after I suffered an accident at work, I finally had time to complete the book. In fact, the story grew into a trilogy. Book Two will be Priestess, Book Three, Oracle.

Truly, giving birth to this project has been an act of love. And it would not have been possible without the support of wonderful people like Liz, Tess, my friend Blake Crouch, and many other good friends.


Just .99 cents until January 1, 2012 on Amazon and Smashwords

Coming out in trade paperback soon!

No comments: