Thursday, October 28, 2010

Craziness on the Amazon Forums

Over the past week I've witnessed kindness on the Amazon forums, and a lot of hostility. Some people (they don't go by their real names, some call themselves ghosts--but others call them trolls) find it amusing to tear down other people. Gleefully, they accuse people of all kinds of things. I'm thinking, in particular, of what's been posted about Christopher Smith who recently experienced stellar success with his book, Fifth Avenue. Granted, Smith made the mistake of answering his accusers in posts--that only added fuel to their fire--but the other posters take delight in trying to bring down his success.

We live in an interesting time, when everyone can vent (or express something positive and creative) over the internet. I think it's important to consider that our actions have repercussions, and what you put out comes back to you. Think, before you post.

2 comments:

Writer said...

Hi Suzanne,
Yes, I agree with you. I think twice before writing a comment. I'm very careful because one never knows how people are going to interpret my words or even worse, one never knows who'll be reading it. Social networks can be helpful but they can also be your downfall.

Admin said...

Thank you, Suzanne!

Christopher